Destinations and outcomes: Major review
A fundamental review of destinations and outcomes for leavers from higher education (HE) commenced in July 2015. It is due to conclude in autumn 2016.
The review’s scope includes the Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education (DLHE) survey, the Longitudinal DLHE survey, and contextual data within other data collections. It is anticipated that the outcome will result in the 2017/18 (C17018) DLHE survey being replaced with something new. Some changes may also be brought in for the 2016/17 (C16018) DLHE survey.
Further information on the reasons for the review, and its scope, are available in our remit for a fundamental review of information needs.
Due to external dependencies, dates are not yet fixed. This timescale is indicative of the activities taking place, as opposed to a final set of activities.
- 20 July 2015: Launch review
- 16 November 2015: First Strategic Group meeting (agree remit)
- 19 November 2015: First Working Group meeting (develop work programme)
- December 2015: Second Working Group meeting (plan consultations)
- May - July 2016: Consultation on requirements (multi-strand)
- August 2016: Third Working Group meeting (develop outline specification and business case)
- Autumn 2016: Consultation on proposals
- Autumn 2016: Fourth Working Group meeting (finalise specification and business case)
- Autumn 2016: Second Strategic Group meeting (review and endorse business case)
- TBC: Summary of changes and implementation plan
The consultation on the principles and future requirements for data about graduates is now open. The deadline for responses is Thursday 14 July.
Terms of reference
The review will comprise a strategic and a working group. More details about the nature of these groups are available in the terms of reference.